Thursday, June 26, 2008

Grandma's Marathon 2008

Well, my 4th Grandma's Marathon is in the books. It was a good run. I've been running more miles than other years (quite slooooowly), and I didn't do my normal, Higdon-inspired 18 week training program. So it shouldn't be all that surprising that this was my 2nd slowest marathon in 5:01:46. I'll take it... and the t-shirt and medal too. :)

Thanks to Paul for shuttling Andy and I around before and after, and putting his professional spectator skills to work -- if my count is correct, he saw me at 5 different places. He's also responsible for the pictures and video below. It was also nice to see Sean and Adria at a couple spots (thanks for the lemon drops, Sean). And thanks also to the other folks who would've cheered for me if the gap between Andy and I wasn't so big. hehe

I expect I'll go back to do it again in 2009.


mile 12



mile 25



finishing -- actually running, sort of



ahhhhh, finished

5 Comments:

Blogger keith said...

congratulations! you sure are having a busy race season!

6:36 AM  
Blogger Matthew Patten said...

way to get it done Wayne.

It must of felt easy after Superior 50k. Man, that feels like it was last year.

6:47 AM  
Blogger SteveQ said...

Woo hoo!

10:27 AM  
Blogger Londell said...

I was just over one minute a mile behind you! Saw you said Karen passed you also... Sent in app today, Afton here I come... See you there?

10:26 AM  
Blogger Carl Gammon said...

Nice job, Wayne. Now get back out on the trails. I'll be looking for you at Afton.

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home