Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Brewhouse Tri

Well, I survived the Brewhouse Triathlon in Duluth on Aug 3rd.

This was a milestone event for my friend Steve, and I'm glad I was part of it.




I wasn't really sure about the swim... especially after last time. But I made it.

And then the chase was on. Steve beat me out of the water by over 5.5 minutes!! Of course, I didn't know that at the time. I just knew he was out of the transition area when I got there. And on the bike I kept looking ahead and couldn't spot him.

Uh-oh... I can run farther than Steve. But this isn't about that. It's about me trying to run fast enough to chase him down. Within the "I'm not sure it's long enough" 2.5 mile run. Hmmmmm.

Turns out I made up quite a bit of time on the bike because Steve was just heading out on the run as I entered the transition area. Whew.




It took me a couple minutes to chase him down. And then I thought great, this is fun, we'll just enjoy the rest of the run and coast it in.

Or not.



Steve - 1:24:09
Me - 1:24:10

Way to go, Steve!!

We need to do it again. ;)

3 Comments:

Blogger SteveQ said...

Way to go, Wayne! Nice of you to let Steve beat you, too.

10:56 AM  
Blogger keith said...

nice job on the tri and the race today!

12:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job!!! Nice picture of your finish. Did you have to swim in lake Superior?
Karen G

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home