Saturday, July 05, 2008

Afton Trail Run 25K

Thank you to race director John Storkamp and the Entire ATR Crew for putting on the Afton Trail Run 25K-50K today! There were lots of runners and it obviously takes a lot of people and work to put on such a big and high-quality event. I give them all 5 Stars!

I ran the 25K and had a good run. I was happy to beat last year's time by about 10 minutes. With all the ups and downs, I decided I should push a bit on the flatter, more runnable sections... and that seemed to work pretty well. Little did I know that by doing this I would actually start looking forward to the uphills. :)

some pre-race and finishing photos (didn't get everyone I would've liked to get) -- congrats to all, especially the guy in the last photo :









7 Comments:

Blogger Kel said...

Great photos Wayne - I had to leave about noon and missed a lot of the 50K folks. Nice job on your run too!

10:21 AM  
Blogger Matthew Patten said...

Dang,

That was a fake smile I gave you if there ever was one.

Great day. Great pics.

6:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey- You did great- The way you were talking about your finish time I didn't even ask what it was-Good job on the PR.
It was nice of you to stick around and get photos of us later finishers. I agree with you that I am most impressed with the finish of the last one too.

10:54 AM  
Blogger SteveQ said...

Some day I'll have to look happy in one of your photos.

Some day.

Kinda like it anyway. Thanks for being out there, snapping away, when having a fast race!

11:18 AM  
Blogger Carl Gammon said...

Great pics as usual, Wayne. I borrowed one again for my blog. It's alway great to see you out there, and you did great.

1:26 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Great pics - I hope you don't mind that I stole the one of Julie B and my training buddy Kami!

Congrats on the PR!

Helen

2:41 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Great job, Wayne!

Are you going to make it out to Superior for any of the runs?

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home