Thursday, April 16, 2009

Zumbro 100


The first Zumbro 100 was held last weekend, and by all accounts was a smashing success!

I was there as a volunteer. Here's a picture of aid station #2 where I spent most of my time.


And here's a picture from the start/finish/aid station #1 area.

Thanks for the pictures, Londell.


Lots has been written elsewhere about the race, and the consensus is that the course is very tough. Lots of ups and downs, and rocks... many hidden under leaves. SteveQ described the footing on the course as 'more treacherous than Superior' and I think that's a good description. I played sweeper on the big loop part of the course with Kel and Alicia, and as we made our way over the course we were all impressed by the runners that got out there and went for it. Completing 3 or 5 loops on that course is definitely commendable!!

Note to self: volunteer again next year, and bring warmer clothes... it can get quite cold overnight in April in MN.

Congratulations to Larry and Colleen and all the runners that toed the line and made the first Zumbro 100 a smashing success!

4 Comments:

Blogger Kel said...

Thanks for helping me sweep, especially after pulling a long cold all nighter at the aid station. Thankfully it stayed dry!

Good luck at Trail Mix tomorrow!

6:28 AM  
Blogger Londell said...

I agree. Volunteering was great but warmer clothed are a must! I am glad there was no rain. Imagine that course in the rain?

10:34 AM  
Blogger SteveQ said...

Thanks for helping out there! After manning a station on the Superior trail, I know "bring warm clothes" is a must.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

Thanks for being out there! It was a great time seeing so many familiar faces. Luckily I got to sleep though the coldest hours :)

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home