Sunday, March 15, 2009

Zumbro Bottoms

I decided I wanted to hit some trails this weekend and decided to take a trip to Zumbro Bottoms. Yes, this is where the Zumbro 100 will be held in April... and no, this doesn't mean I'm training for it. Though I do plan to be there as a volunteer.

It was a beautiful day to be out. Some of the trails were pretty sloppy, but that kinda adds to the fun. If you want to get an idea of where in the world this place is, and where some of the trails are... check out this motion-based link. Feel free to ignore all the gory details about my run. And to see how things looked out there this weekend, here are some of the pictures I took.


















3 Comments:

Blogger Matthew Patten said...

Thanks for the pics Wayne. I can't wait for the race.

I will be doing the 100K.

Do you think Larry will remove the barbed wire from that bridge before the race?

Probably not.

7:40 AM  
Blogger SteveQ said...

Larry says there's 10000 feet of climb in the 100 mile, so it must be up and down that hill all day and not along the river where the washed-out bridge is, but I don't know how he's going to avoid it!

10:10 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

Thank you for the photos, Wayne. I'm really giddy about running the 100-miler there. I was wondering how the trails were looking this time of year, and now I know. I'm guessing they'll be clear by the end of this week. Now, if only mother nature will cooperate for the next 4 weeks.............

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home