Thursday, June 25, 2009

Afton

For anyone interested in hanging out at Afton State Park this weekend I will be camping there Fri and Sat nights. I might try some night running for the first time [based on the forecast I just heard that'll probably be Sat night into Sunday]. Otherwise normal camping stuff: hanging out, reading, swatting bugs, sitting by the campfire, etc. Feel free to join me if interested... you can let me know ahead of time or just look for me if you're out there. I'll be at campsite 27.

And yes, it would be considered bad form to use this information/opportunity to rob my house or sneak around and scare me at my campsite. :)


And in the "Random Pics" department, I took this with my treo from my normal lunchtime hangout.




A couple more photos based on SteveQ's comments...


6 Comments:

Blogger Mike W. said...

Have fun there this weekend, we will be out of town otherwise I might have swung out to run with you. See you on the 4th.

9:43 AM  
Blogger SteveQ said...

Since you're in Rice Park for lunch: does it look to you like the indian maiden's calves are as big as her waist? And do you think the "life-size" bronze of Fitzgerald is a bit small?

I'll be at Afton sometime Saturday morning; hope to see you there.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Wayne said...

I added a couple pictures to the post.

Steve, I agree the Fitzgerald statue is pretty small. If the indian maiden is the fountain girl, then 1) I disagree with your assessment, and 2) I now feel kinda creepy for checking out a statue. :)

1:35 PM  
Blogger wildknits said...

I was going to ask if that was "the" fountain girl... but having read the comments I think not. But, is it the same fountain?!?

Kinda tempting to head to the cities and see what all this talk of Afton is about, but instead will stay home and run a 5K in a downpour (prediction) and enjoy temperatures in the 60's (again the prediction). May swing into Jay Cooke for a longish run on Sunday.

Hey - what is the building?

5:18 PM  
Blogger Wayne said...

HA... this is the same fountain, but only saw the other (live) woman in there the once, thank goodness! The building is the Landmark Center.

10:00 PM  
Blogger wildknits said...

Can you tell I grew up in Bloomington, never ventured into St. Paul and have been away more than 25 years?!?

Get the phone fixed so when the business woman in in the fountain in her suit you can send me a photo ;->

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home